130 grams plain or all-purpose flour
30 grams corn flour
20 grams milk powder or custard powder
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
180 grams premium butter
120 grams icing sugar (or sometimes known as confectioners sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- Mix plain flour, corn flour, milk powder and baking powder. Sift them and set aside.
- Beat the softened butter at room temperature with icing sugar until light. Add in the vanilla extract and lemon zest. TIP : I use lemon zest to cover the flour-y taste.
- Fold in the flour mixture to the butter bit by bit until all is well-mixed. Do not beat the dough rigorously.
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for at least 15 minutes or longer for ease of shaping. TIP : Chilling the cookie dough not only makes it easier to shape, but also limits its shape distortion during baking. Meanwhile, pre-heat oven at 175 degree Celcius.
- Make sure the baking pan is well greased in advance. Roll the cookie dough to a 2 cm diameter balls and lightly press them with a fork on the baking pan.
- Bake the cookies at 175 degree Celcius for 15 to 17 minutes. The baking duration really depends heavily on the thickness of the cookies and the air flow of each individual oven.
- Cool (completely) the cookies on a cooling rack before storing them in a cookie jar or airtight container. Enjoy these crispy yummy at anytime!