Do not let your staying at home any less festive with this delicious dish.
5 chicken wings, cut into drummets and winglets
8 big cloves garlic, skinned and crushed
juice of 1 lemon
rind of 1 lemon
1 1/2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
2 tablespoon chinese huatiao wine (cooking rice wine)
1/2 tablespoon salt
3 tablespoon sugar
1/2 tablespoon pepper powder
1 big carrot, diced
lemon slices from 1/2 one lemon
- Mix all ingredients in (A) and massage the wings with the marinades. Chill in the fridge and leave overnight, or minimum 3 hours.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat oven at 180 deg Celcius.
- Spread a clean sheet of aluminium foil. Place the diced carrots as the bed, then the chicken wings on it. Top the chicken wings with lemon slices. Pour some marinade sauce on the chicken before wrapping the aluminium foil.
- Use a fork to poke some tiny holds on the top of the foil to allow steam relieve.
- TIP : Instead of using a big sheet of foil to wrap all ten pieces of chicken (winglets and drummets), separate these into two wraps for easier wrapping and removal from oven later.
- Set the oven to grill the wraps for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, open the wrapper and continue to baked with the chicken and carrots expose to the hot air for another 15 minutes. This step is important to create a beautiful brownish appetizing hue on the chicken and also to concentrate the lemon garlic juice.
- After grilling for an additional 15 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven. You can serve the wings on its aluminium foil or transfer them onto a clean plate.