3/4 can (300g) of tomato puree
2 large red tomatoes, quartered
200 grams minced pork (or chicken)
1 can (drained weight, 180g) button mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 cup water
1 tablespoon cornflour and 1/2 cup water, mixed
For light seasoning of the minced meat :
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cornflour
2 litres water
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lightly season the minced meat with salt, pepper and cornflour and set aside.
- Boil water in a stock pot and add in the spaghetti and salt once it starts to bubble. Let it boil for 20 to 25 minutes over medium heat, or until it reaches the desired softness.
- Heat pan with over medium heat. Saute the onion with 2 tablespoon oil until fragrant before adding the minced meat. Continue to saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes and button mushrooon. Saute for another 2 minutes before adding the tomato puree. Add in enough water to achieve a smooth consistency and let the mixture simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour and cold water, add to the bolognese mixture to thicken the sauce. Briskly stir the mixture to avoid clumping. Add in salt and sugar for extra taste.
- Turn off heat and set the sauce aside. The spaghetti should be ready for draining by now.
- Drain the spaghetti and add in olive oil to avoid the strands of spaghetti sticking onto each other.
- Serve the spaghetti with the sauce at anytime.