chicken strips from 1 chicken thigh
1 pinch salt
1 pinch white pepper powder
1 tablespoon corn flour
1 tablespoon oil
2 cloves garlic, cleaned and minced
4 tablespoon Sambal hijau tumis
- Lightly season the chicken strips with pepper powder, salt and corn flour. Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat in the pan and saute the garlic until fragrant. Add in the seasoned chicken strips. Add 1 tablespoon of water to avoid the chicken sticking onto the pan or pre-mature burning.
- Add in another 1 tablespoon of water and close the lid of the pan for 1 minute before opening it again. Add in the Sambal hijau tumis and continue to stir-fry for another minute.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar to neutralise the otherwise ‘too pungent’ smell of the dish.
- Off the heat and serve the dish with steamed rice.