500 gram long beans, julienned
2 pieces waxed meat
2 big onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 piece soft white tofu, minced
1/4 cup water
salt & pepper to taste
2 tablespoon oil
- Boil water in a wok to blanch the waxed meat for 30 seconds and then steam the meat for 20 minutes over high heat.
- After 20 minutes, remove the waxed meat from the wok and clean it thoroughly. Slice the wax meat to 4 – 5mm thickness when cool.
- On the clean wok, saute the chopped garlic till fragrant and add in the onion and long beans. Continue to saute for 1 minute before adding in the minced tofu. Add in water and continue to saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the waxed meat. As it is already cooked we do not have to stir-fry any longer. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- The mixture of tofu and essence of long beans and onion will form a white sweet gravy that goes perfectly with steamed rice. No thickener required.