2 tablespoon black tea
500 ml hot water, boiled but not boiling
5 tablespoon honey
3 lemon slices or juice squeezed from 1/2 a lemon
ice, as you like
- Leach the black tea in hot water for 2 minutes before straining the tea leaves. Leave the tea to cool for 15 minutes.
- Add enough honey to sweeten, you may add more as the sour of the lemon slices will mask the sweetness.
- Add the lemon slices, and use a spoon to press the lemon juice. Give the drink a stir before drinking.
- Although it’s lemon tea, but I am using only 3 slices of lemon. Why? Natural honey has a slight sour aftertaste and we really do not want our drink to go way too sour.
- If you prefer it sweeter, add a tablespoon of syrup.