2 white pomfrets size of your palm (including your fingers), cleaned
1 tablespoon old ginger, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon salt, rubbed on the clean fish
2 huge dried shitake mushroom, soaked till soft and coarsely chopped
2 big red tomatoes, cleaned and wedged
50 grams coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
2.5 litres water for steaming the fish
2 tablespoon garlic oil
3 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Boil water in a wok.
- Rub the fish with a little salt and put on a clean plate. Spread the ginger slices on the fish, and note to stuff a few slices in the “stomach” area.
- Spread the tomatoes wedges on the same plate, not on the fish. Sprinkle the chopped shitake mushroom on the fish.
- Once the water starts to bubble, steam the fish on a steaming rack in the wok over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn off the heat and do not open the wok lid yet. Open the wok lid 3 minutes after. Drain the excessive water from the plate. Pour Garlic Oil and light soy sauce on the fish.
- Garnish the fish with coriander leaves before serving with steamed rice. Consume while it’s still warm.